Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter

As you all know, I am a huge dungeon crawl fan. This blog was originally conceived to follow my 3D dungeon project, which despite little-to-no progress of late, is still ongoing. I painted two very boring doors the other day. I still have to expan with a couple more rooms, but what a dungeon really needs is lots of furniture. Rooms are essentially a series of squares and rectangles, but furniture is what makes it look alive and lived in. Even a small table gives it a story. Is it a dining table? A card table for Three Dragon Ante? Someplace to lay bodies for experiments? It's all in how you use it.

I have some furniture, but most is dwarven styled and not very generic, because it comes frome Games Workshop's Mines of Moria set. I also have a couple random pieces from Reaper Bones and one table I made myself. So I was really excited to find a Kickstarter campaign for some extremely nice furniture at an incredibly reasonable price.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1207385459/twisting-catacombs-miniature-dungeon-scenery
Twisting Catacombs has a perfect array of basic dungeon furniture. My ideal, of course, is what was provided in the old HeroQuest board game and is the core of my own Deep Dark Dungeons rules where scenic features are concerned. So obviously I was drawn to the Classic Dungeon Dweller Pledge.


Great stuff, isn't it? And there's a ton of other items as well, including some very unique pieces. The only catch is that there are only 3 more days to get in on this! If you have a dungeon that needs dressing, Twisting Catacombs is the perfect way to dress it up. So check it out, pledge and then set up a miniature orc tea-party when it arrives.

Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment